Company: Molecular Connections
Molecular Connections is a pioneer in the field of informatics and the Company excels in serving the complex content needs of pharmaceutical, publishing and intellectual property businesses with industry leading services, products and technology. Our delivery is deep-rooted in innovation, quality and rapid-scale.
Position: Coordinating Editor/ Manager (Editorial Services)
- Editorial Services staff represent the first point of entry for a prospective author, and are the screening point for manuscript acceptability, and the hub for author and peer review communication. Individuals supporting these roles are expected to have the following general qualifications:
- Ability to relate successfully to a variety of external and internal stakeholders and form strong working relationship with staff, editors, board members, authors and reviewers
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills in English – skilful use of English language, grammar, and syntax
- Attention to detail, excellent organizational and time-management skills, ability to prioritize, work under pressure, manage own workload, and meet deadlines
- Ability to make timely decisions by analysing relevant details, sometimes with incomplete information and limited time
- A proactive approach to problem solving, self-confidence, strong resourcefulness, self-motivated, and independent thinking
- Be highly responsive to email communications and hands on experience using software applications and MS Office
- The ability to use the editorial submission systems (both commercial and customer proprietary systems) would be an added advantage.